Saturday, February 16, 2013

Comics Roundup for 2/13/13

Star Wars #2 - I'm not loving this as much as some of the online reviewers are, but I'm finding it interesting enough to keep with it.  Some new characters are introduced, and it leaves off with Han Solo about to get into some shenanigans on Coruscant.  I really have to wonder now though if the Expanded Universe is starting to contradict itself multiple times by now.  Seems like the era between "Hope" and "Empire" is pretty well-worn by now.

Batman #17 - This was a good ending, but it was pretty anticlimactic after the excellent "Court of Owls" story.  Still, it answers a good question - if the Joker is such a mad genius, why hasn't he ever figured out Batman's secret ID?  It's because he has absolutely no interest in it, which makes sense considering the whole "mad" part.

Uncanny X-Men #1 - I don't think that I liked this as much as Bendis's other X-book, but it was entertaining enough and left off with a pretty good cliffhanger to make me want to check out the next issue.  Is this going to be a long-term return to the X-books for me?  I have read them off-and-on over the years, but I haven't gotten them regularly since high school.

Secret Avengers #1 - This was a fairly amusing setup.  I'm curious as to how The Hulk is going to fit into a team that's supposed to be a stealth one, but I guess we'll find that out in the next issue.  If it's another slow week, I might just pick it up.

No comments: