Thursday, June 19, 2014

Perhaps I should update you

Source.
Considering that I had a few people express (much appreciated) concern over my last blog post, I figured that I'd give a bit of an update as to how I'm doing.

First thing's first - the blood test results came back in and they're clean. So, those of you who had your money on a thyroid problem, it's time to pay up. I guess that's good news, but sometimes I want an easy answer. I have a feeling that's just not going to be the case here.

Another bit of good news is that I haven't broken a fever yet today. At least, I haven't had one any of the three times that I've checked my temperature.

Stuff that's still bothering me includes a virtual lack of an appetite. It's an improvement over yesterday, where it wasn't just a lack of an appetite but a feeling of nausea; however, the only meal that I actually really craved today was my morning cereal. This is kind of a tough thing because I'm the one who does all the cooking in my house; and when I'm not hungry, I don't feel like cooking - which means that my wife suddenly has one more responsibility thrust on her.

My biggest problem today is that I just wanted to sleep the day away. I felt both physically tired and totally unmotivated by anything. I even took a nap, but I also found myself nodding off afterward while playing with my son. (We were wrestling on his bed. Yeah, I got too comfortable and fell asleep for a moment or two.)

I guess you can just say that I'm still a bit off. I guess what's frustrating for me is that I used to bounce back from an illness so quickly, but I guess when you hit 40, you can pretty much forget about that ever happening again.

I think tomorrow that I'm going to set some goals for myself. I'm going to get up a bit early to walk the dog, and if I get tired, I can just go ahead and take a nap afterward. (I've been taking her when it's about 10:00, when it's starting to get too hot. I'm going to try and aim for a 7:00 walk instead.) My other goal is to finish cutting up this ridiculous Palestinian Lime tree in my backyard. Why? Because the thing is growing like Poison Ivy is using it to take over Gotham City. Plus, have you ever had a Palestinian Lime? Well, imagine what a lemon would taste like if it tasted like nothing. There you have it. On the plus side, it has huge, sharp, spikes that stab the hell out of me whenever I go to trim it.

So, once again thanks for reading - and to those of you who sent your encouragements and kind words last time, thanks for that.
I have of late, (but wherefore I know not) lost all my mirth, forgone all custom of exercises; and indeed, it goes so heavily with my disposition; that this goodly frame the earth, seems to me a sterile promontory; this most excellent canopy the air, look you, this brave o'er hanging firmament, this majestical roof, fretted with golden fire: why, it appeareth no other thing to me, than a foul and pestilent congregation of vapours. 'What a piece of work is a man! How noble in reason, how infinite in faculty! In form and moving how express and admirable! In action how like an Angel! in apprehension how like a god! The beauty of the world! The paragon of animals! And yet to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me... (Hamlet, Act 2, scene 2)
 

No comments: