Saturday, March 17, 2012

Comics Roundup for 3/14/12

Just moved into a new place, so I didn't have time for last week's Roundup.  Here's what I got in the past two weeks:

Fatale #3 - Honestly?  I haven't read it. I can't remember what happened in the past two issues.  I'm probably going to let it build up to a few issues before I sit down and give this series a go.  As I've said before, this creative team has produced some of my favorite comics in recent memory, so I'm willing to take that chance.

Winter Soldier #3 - I liked the first two issues well enough, but this one is a bit more like it.  The only bad thing about it is that once again I'm reminded of how great a villain Doctor Doom is, and thusly how bad they screwed him up in those Fantastic Four movies.

Wolverine #302 - Speaking of "that's more like it", this one is just that.  I was losting interest during the past two issues, but this has renewed my interest in the series.

Action Comics #7 - And yet another pleasant surprise.  This was potentially going to be my last issue, but I'm interested yet again.  They just need a more consistent art team on this title, I think.

The Amazing Spider-Man #681 - I haven't checked out the Spider-Man message boards on Comic Book Resources in some time, and I'm curious as to whether everybody is hating on this title as much as they always seemed to be in the past.  For my money, this is one of the most consistently entertaining titles out there.

Crimson Empire III #5 (of 6) - I probably oughtta reread this entire series once the last issue comes out, as I'm forgetting a bit here and there.  Still, it was entertaining, and it's good to see them wrapping up this series after so long of a break.

Wolverine and the X-Men #7 - Another fun issue with some madcap hijinks.  This is becoming one of my favorite series.

Batwoman #7 - The artwork isn't nearly as good, but the story is still interesting.  I also like how this has a pretty distinct feel from the other Bat-related books.  It doesn't feel like a "Let's see if we can sell more comics with another Bat-character" type of a deal.

Batgirl #7 - Another fun installment of a great series.  And I'm glad that Barbara's former condition is still a factor in the story without it feeling like I'm being beaten over the head with it.

Batman and Robin #7 - It was pretty hard to top the last issue, and this doesn't quite pull that off.  Still, it's pretty damned good -with the exception of the cheesy line uttered by Damien Wayne on the last page.

Avengers Assemble #1 - Nothing too special to see here.  It's a pretty fun read, but I'm once again guessing that it will read better as a short chapter of a longer story.

Captain America #9 - This series just keeps getting better and better.  It's a shame that Alan Davis isn't sticking around though, but it looks like they have a good artist lined up to take his place on the next story arc.

Green Lantern #7 - Pretty good, as usual.  Plus, I'm glad to see that we're finally going to be learning a bit more about the Indigo Lanterns.

The Avengers #24 - Once again, Norman Osborne is a victim of his own hubris.  This was a pretty satisfying issue.

No comments: