Saturday, October 6, 2012

Comics Roundup for 10/3/12

Avengers vs. X-Men #12 - Now that it's all over, I'd say that this has been a decent, but not great, crossover.  The things that held it back from being great include the fact that the art has been inconsistent, with good artists turning in sub-par work (like Adam Kubert in this issue), and the fact that it was dragged out for far too long.  The good thing is that it wasn't just a rehash of Civil War.  That series tore the Marvel Universe in two.  This one actually brings it all together.  Still, I have to wonder why they're suddenly going to have a lot more mutants in the MU again.  Wasn't narrowing the number of mutants one of the "fixes" of Joe Quesada's reign as Editor in Chief?  Why turn that around?  Seemed like a good plan to me.

Detective Comics #13 - Thought I'd give the new creative team a chance with this one.  I liked the artwork, and the story was decent.  I'll get at least another issue, but I wasn't overly impressed.

Green Lantern #13 - Another interesting installment of an entertaining series.  The Justice League gets involved with the new GL by the end of the issue, so I'm looking forward to the next one.

The Amazing Spider-Man #695 - The Hobgoblin versus Hobgoblin saga finally gets started, but it only barely gets started.  Boo.  Other than that, not a bad issue.

Talon #0 - Spinning out of the "Court of Owls" story in Batman, we learn about a Talon who got away from the Court.  Interesting enough, at least to check out the next issue.  And is it just me, or is Guillem March channeling Joe Kubert?

No comments: