Sunday, September 30, 2012

Comics Roundup for 9/26/12

The Amazing Spider-Man #694 - The internets is all a buzzin' about how horrible this "Alpha" story is.  Once again, I find myself liking a Spider-Man story that's hated by fans all over.  Don't get me wrong.  I don't love it, but it has been a perfectly serviceable story, and it has the potential to be revisited and get more interesting.  It seems to me that a lot of the complaints are based on the fact that Alpha is such an unlikeable character.  Umm...isn't that kinda the point?  He's the opposite of Peter Parker.  He's not good at heart, and he didn't have a "great responsibility" moment.  Anyway, I'm more excited that the real Hobgoblin is back next issue though.

Winter Soldier #11 - Honestly, I don't remember Hawkeye being in the last issue.  Guess I'll have to read some of the back issues.  Even with that in mind, I still was entertained by all of this spy stuff.  Too bad that it's all ending soon.  Well, at least Edward Brubaker's writing of the title, anyway.

Wolverine and the X-Men #17 - I've mentioned before how this book defies expectations.  If you're looking for something darker, well, you just ain't gonna find it.  Who knew that Wolverine could lend himself to stories that are just plain fun?  And while I don't know much about this Doop character, but I was pretty amused by his inclusion in this issue.  Oh, and getting Mike Allred to draw this issue was a definite plus.

Aquaman #0 - I sure hope that whomever they get to write this title after Geoff Johns leaves will be able to pick up the ball and continue with a lot of these big ideas that continue to be introduced.  With this issue, we get some of Arthur's past, and I think that it could be explored even more.

Batman Incorporated #0 - Let's ignore the fact that this title doesn't make much sense in the current continuity.  Aside from that, it's a pretty fun and wacky title, although I feel like Grant Morrison has covered some of this ground already.

Hit Girl #3 - Some more fun Mark Millar stuff.  I like his books, but I hate writing about them because I just don't have much to say.


No comments: