Saturday, August 16, 2008

I am a winner!

Kirsti and I just came back from a cruise to Catalina Island and Ensenada, Mexico. We had a good time, both on the ship and off. For those of you who have never been on a cruise before, there's plenty of entertainment for when you're on the ship (some of it cheesy - I could only handle about five minutes of the song/dance production where they did all these hokey renditions of rock songs).

One of the things that Kirsti and I took part in was a TV theme song contest. Honestly, I didn't expect to do very well at all. In fact, I expected Kirsti to completely wipe the floor with me, as she watches a bit more TV than I do. (I tend to prefer watching movies that I either own or rented on DVD.)

Lucky for me though, most of the songs were from classic shows like The Cosby Show and Cheers. There were twenty songs total, and I initially tied for first place with thirteen correct responses. (Kirsti - with the help of her dad, I should add - only got twelve.) So, there was a tiebreaker, and three more songs were played. They were the themes to The Greatest American Hero, Miami Vice, and Moonlighting. I got all three. My competition got bupkis.

What did I win? Check out the picture of me with the trophy below! Can't you tell how happy I am? It's made with real gold-color paint! Jealous? I'm sure that you are.


Oh, and Kirsti apparently won us a free cruise while playing Bingo. Whatever.

2 comments:

nonmagic said...

I would have totally and completely gotten my ass kicked in anything involving TV!

You got real gold paint on that trophy??? Welllll, aren't you just special????

A free cruise from playing bingo???? For real????

Lance Christian Johnson said...

"Real gold color paint" that is.

And yeah, the free cruise is for real. I'm determined to interrupt Kirsti with my lame story whenever she tries to tell them about her big win. Why? Because I'm an asshole, that's why.