Sunday, April 4, 2010

Comics Roundup for 3/31/10

So few books came out this week that I forgot to write about them. Here's what I got:

Blackest Night #8 (of 8) - This was a satisfying end to a very far-reaching story, and just like any good comic book story, it has you wondering what's in store for the heroes now that this particular crisis has been averted. It was also good to see that Sinestro didn't get to hang on to the White Lantern for very long, as even though he had the desire to beat back the Blackest Night, in the end it was all about his own glory. For Hal Jordan, it was about doing the right thing, and it only made sense that victory came when he got a hold of it. Another thing that I liked about the conclusion was how it was resolved by attacking it at its source, which was Black Hand. The solution also made perfect sense in context. Anyway, I'll be sure to pick up the beginning of Brightest Day at the very least.

The Amazing Spider-Man #627 - "Something Can Stop the Juggernaut" indeed. After several lackluster issues (art-wise) it was great to see Lee Weeks on board. Looks like he's sticking around for the next issue as well. Not only that, but I hope that they can get Roger Stern to write some more Spidey stories in the near future. I just missed his initial run on the title back in the early eighties, but the bits that I have read are all pretty solid.

Astro City: The Dark Age - Book Four #3 (of 4) - I'm waiting for the series to end, and then I'll read the entire epic. I keep forgetting who's who when I go a month in between issues. I think that my head is filled with too many mythologies. I just can't keep up sometimes.

No comments: