Friday, October 31, 2008

End of Blog a Day Month

So, the weather is turning.

I had a kid pretty much threaten me today. (No, this is hardly a regular thing - first time in eight years of teaching - and he's no longer in my class now.)

I screwed up and didn't get all my units into the district office in time so I can get a raise - and I'll have to wait until next year for that.

But you know what? I'm feeling pretty good. I'm not letting the weather get me down. I feel like I'm prepared for it this time, and I'm determined not to get into a funk. While part of it is probably a biological reaction, much of it is mind over matter. Sure, I still have this sense of exhaustion as soon as I step outside, but dammit, I can't let this beat me. It's just one more problem for me to solve.

As for my little incident today, what's good is that I'm usually the type of person who blames himself for everything. The thought creeped into my head that maybe I did something wrong, but I was able to quickly obliterate that thought. With a little work, I won't even stew on it all weekend long.

So, everything is going swell. I'm wrapping up Blog a Day Month, and tomorrow begins Haiku a Day Month. You ready? All you have to do is write one haiku a day! How hard can it be?

Oh, and I also just sampled my Thanksgiving Ale. It needs another day or two to boost the carbonation a bit, but overall it's pretty damned nice, and it's going to go really well with a Turkey dinner (and even the pumpkin pie afterwards - as it has pumpkin spices in it - just enough to taste them, but it's not overwhelming).

I'm doing well. Ain't nothin' gonna breaka my stride.

No comments: