Monday, August 31, 2009

Ramadan It! - Day 11

I've decided today that on the last day of this experiment, when I finally get to have a beer again, I'm going to treat myself to something special. I think I'll head down to BevMo! in a week and find myself something nice.

Anyway, I wound up only making it to 4:30 today. I probably could have held out longer, but Kirsti wanted to eat, and I wanted to sit down and eat dinner with her. I suppose that I could have just watched and ate later, but she didn't feel comfortable with that. Oh well, considering that I ate about an hour earlier than normal, that's not too shabby. I think it's safe to say that I could pull off a Winter Ramadan. Maybe even a late fall. Summer's just too damn hard, and June would be even more unlikely.

What was impressive was that I felt just fine skipping lunch at work today. I usually have a yogurt or some kind of snack at brunchtime, and then I have something for lunch. (I try to keep it relatively light and have something like a spinach lasagna, eggplant Parmesan, or a bean and cheese burrito.) In a weird way, I felt more relaxed today at lunch than I normally do. I guess I'm just so obsessed with going to where I eat, eating, and then making sure I have enough time to go to the bathroom, that I hardly ever really enjoy myself. Today I could just take my time and relax. I didn't even notice how hungry I was during class time, as I was too busy to even think about it.

So, I'm more than a third of the way done now. I think I can probably keep this up.

No comments: