Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Ramadan It! - Day 6

I did worse than yesterday but than the day before. I wound up eating at about 4:30, making my fast about nine and a half hours - which again, would be an actual time span that I'd have to wait if Ramadan fell in the winter this year. (It's based on a lunar calendar - I'm not just making this up by talking about winter hours, ya know.)

I'm realizing that a big factor is the fact that I didn't have anything more for breakfast than a bowl of cereal. I tried, but the thought of eating anything else turned my stomach. I think I'll eat after my shower tomorrow - give my stomach a chance to "wake up" a bit so I can have a more filling breakfast.

I'm pretty pleased with today's result though, as I had to sit in a really long meeting, and it was hard not to think about food when I was so bored out of my mind. I chickened out when it came to going to lunch with some friends though, as I didn't want to sit there and look at food. (More importantly, I wanted to go to the comic book store.) Tomorrow the entire department is going out for lunch though, so I might just have to endure a bit of torture by going along and not eating.

I'm fairly confident though that I can do this while work starts up. In some ways, it'll be good, as I always feel like I need a nap after I eat, and skipping lunch has prevented me from having this feeling. When I came home today, I didn't feel any more hungry than I always do when I come home from work.

Shoot, I don't know if I'll continue to skip lunch when this whole thing is over, but maybe I'll just have a light salad from now on during lunch time. It doesn't seem to matter how much I eat for lunch, I'm always starving when I get home. I might as well just keep it light, but at least eat a little something so I don't have hunger pangs during the last period of the day.

No comments: