Wednesday, October 28, 2009

There Shall Come Some Meat!

I've decided that I'm officially ending my vegetarian experiment on Saturday the 31st. Yeah, sure, it's technically still October. However, my goal was to go a month, and if you ask somebody how long a month is they'll tell you that it's thirty days unless they're totally obsessed with accuracy and feel the need to point out that some months have 31 days. The point is, if I had decided to do this last month, this wouldn't have even been an issue. Therefore, mission accomplished.

The way I see it, I only have to really tough it out for just one more day. Friday night, Kirsti and I are going to the Indian buffet. Honestly, when I go there I usually mostly eat the vegetarian dishes and just get some of the Chicken Tikka Masala if they have it. So, eating vegetarian there will actually be a pleasure as I'll only have to pass up on one of my favorite dishes.

All this has got me to thinking what I should do next. I honestly don't know if I want to try the Ramadan thing again, although I might try and do Lent and maybe even Yom Kippur. (Just the eating part, of course.) However, I'm skipping the Kosher month, as for all intents and purposes, I was Kosher this month. (And yes, I know that there is a lot more to being Kosher than not eating pork and not mixing meat and dairy or chicken and eggs.)

Maybe I should try something that doesn't involve food. This might be a bit tougher in a lot of ways, depending on what I decide to try. Here are some ideas that I'm toying around with:

1. Volunteer a certain number of hours a week.
2. Avoid saying anything negative for a month. (No doubt I would slip on this, but it would be interesting to at least try.)
3. Only use the internet for email and my blog for a month. (So - no Facebook, YouTube, etcetera - you know, the total time-wasters.)
4. Finish reading Moby Dick within a month! (Bwah ha ha ha ha ha!!!)
5. Strive to become even more awesome.

Those are the ideas. I might give myself a break though next month, as it is my birthday month.

This "Stan Lee Challenge" is a tribute to a story from the "Tales of Asgard" stories from Journey Into Mystery: "There Shall Come a Miracle!"

No comments: