Sunday, October 4, 2009

Namaste It! - The Supreme Sacrifice!

Part of me is worried that I'm going to use up all my thoughts in the first few days of blog-a-month, but what can I say? I've got something on my mind, and I have about three or four other ideas that I've been itching to get to as well.

Anyway, I thought I'd just give a quick update on the vegetarian experiment. Honestly, I think that a lot of this has to do with how tough it was to do the Ramadan thing, as half-assed (three quarters assed, if we're being fair) as I did it. In comparison, going vegetarian is a lot easier. After all, I can still eat, and there are plenty of things that I like that don't have meat in it.

That said, I really haven't found myself missing meat all that much. Not only that, but the one thing that I feared the most hasn't happened. I figured that I'd never feel full, and I'd be hungry all the time. If anything, I felt a lot less hungry today than I normally do. I did eat a big breakfast, but I had a small lunch and a normal-sized dinner. At no point during the day did my stomach rumble, and I even wound up eating dinner about an hour and a half past when I normally do.

Oh, and here's a tip for anybody who's going vegetarian. Veggie bacon tastes like salty paper that might have touched bacon at one point. Veggie sausage patties are actually pretty tasty, and I'll even continue to buy them after this experiment is over. One other thing, tofu makes for a decent substitute for chicken with a yellow curry dish. Is it as good as chicken? No. But it's not bad. In fact, it's better than bad - it's good.

This "Stan Lee Challenge" was inspired by X-Men #16 - "The Supreme Sacrifice!" I didn't even have to change anything!

1 comment:

Kaboom32 said...

I'm going to EJ Phair Friday, and I might just try a veggie patty on a burger. I'll let you know if it's edible.