Sunday, September 20, 2009

Rama done did it!

So much for my big plan for yesterday. The only thing I did was wait until the sun went down until I cracked open the homebrews. (Tried the Vienna Lager - while it's not a failure like my other lagers, it definitely doesn't taste right. I'm thinking that maybe if I age it out a bit and then lager them all in the beer fridge during the summer, I might have something pretty good.)

Basically, I opted to have lunch for the simple reason that I didn't want to think about food all day. I had other things with which to concern myself. I think that once I started eating lunch again due to my fridge problems, the genie had officially come out of the bottle, and there was no going back. Well, at least until next year, as I think that I might try it again.

So, I have ten days to eat whatever the hell I want whenever the hell I want. October will be my Hindu month, and for as tough as that's going to be, I think it will be easier than Ramadan - even the half-assed version that I was doing.

Did I learn anything? You betcha. Here are some thoughts:

1. Starving yourself is not a good way to lose weight. At the very least, it's not a pleasant way to lose weight. I haven't weighed myself lately, but at most I've dropped ten pounds. I suspect that it might come back to me.

2. The amount of beer I drink is negligible to the amount I weigh. I would have thought that if it wasn't for skipping lunch, the skipping of beer would make me slim down. Well, that doesn't seem to be the case either. It shouldn't be too surprising considering that on average, I still drink a bit less than what's considered "moderate alcohol consumption", which would be two beers a day.

3. "Angry hungry" is B.S. I think that I've gotten over that. I might have to do an annual reminder, but this has taught me that I need to just calm down and put things in perspective the next time I start getting hungry. Shoot, I was able to sit there with my coworkers while they all ate Chinese food and I handled myself just fine, despite the fact that my stomach was rumbling.

4. Bacon continues to be delicious. Burp!

No comments: