Friday, September 18, 2009

Ramadan It! - Day 29

Well, this thing sure has fizzled out. The only thing I can say is that I once again passed on having a beer. Tomorrow, I'm going to try and swing for the fences and eat as early as possible and then eat as late as possible. I don't think that it's the official end of Ramadan, but it's going to be MY end of Ramadan. What do I mean? I mean that I'm having a beer (or two or three) gosh darnit. My new fridge is coming in the morning, and that will give it plenty of time to get my beers cold and ready to go once again.

Overall, this has been an interesting experiment. Considering that I half expected to just completely give up on it after a few days, I think that I did rather well.

What's next? Well, I'm going to eat whatever the hell I want for the rest of September. For the month of October, I'm going Hindu. Now, that has a lot of wiggle room, as there are many different schools of thought on Hindu dietary laws. I could just make it easy on myself and avoid beef, but I'm going to go vegetarian for the month. I'm not going to bother with avoiding garlic and spicy foods like some sects apparently do. I'm also not going to go vegan for the simple fact that I don't want to spend a month eating nothing but tree bark, moss, and small rocks.

And what shall I call those blog updates? Namaste It! of course.

No comments: