Saturday, September 12, 2009

Ramadan It! - Day 23

I definitely cheated today, but not too bad. Since all of the stuff in my freezer is defrosted, I figured that I'd eat the stuff that's likely to go bad first - so I decided to try the seafood sausage. I've been informed that the notion of seafood sausage sounds disgusting by more than one person. Personally, I think it was not bad. I don't know if I'd ever get it again, but I ate two of them.

I tried removing them from the pork casing though, but that didn't work so well. So, I wound up eating a little bit of pork today - hardly enough to satisfy the craving that I've been having for about a week now. I think that I'm going to eat a pound of bacon on the 20th, and I'm not going to bother frying it. I'll chase it with one of my big bottles of IPA.

Speaking of beer, I bottled my Vienna Lager today. Here's hoping that my third lager attempt works. I also cheated a bit by taking a sip of it. What can I say? I always take a sip for a little quality control. I want to make sure that there aren't any off-flavors before I let it age a week so it can carbonate. I figure that one sip of warm, flat beer hardly counts as some kind of indulgence. It's about as indulgent as pork casing on a sausage, I suppose.

No comments: